The University Scholar Oversight and Selection Committee oversees the administration of the University Scholar Program. Comprised of faculty members from diverse disciplines, this committee selects each cohort of University Scholars and recommends policy for the program to the Honors Board of Associate Directors.
|Mark Boyer (Geography)|
|additional member TBD|
|R. Holly Fitch (Psychology)|
|Robin Greeley (Art and Art History)|
|Clare Costley King’oo (English)|
|Catherine Little (Educational Psychology)|
|Daniel Schwartz (Physiology and Neurobiology)|
|Thomas Seery (Chemistry) *Chair|
|Ranjan Srivastava (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)|
|Ping Zhang (Molecular & Cell Biology)|
How are project proposals assessed?
- Project Proposal
- Creativity and originality
- Evidence of independent thinking
- Significance of research/creative project
- Familiarity with the relevant literature
- Clarity of project description, theoretical approach, and methodology
- Student’s understanding of steps necessary to conduct the project
- Feasibility within time frame
- Plan of Study
- Suitability of course work for achieving expertise and further knowledge in the field of interest
- Challenging selection of course work
Dr. Monica van Beusekom, Director of IISP, coordinates the University Scholar Program and provides staff support to the University Scholar Oversight and Selection Committee.