The Plan of Study is designed to ensure you remain on track with coursework during your final three semesters. Adhering to the points below will smooth the path to graduation.
Following admission to the program, you will be expected to consult with your advisory committee and complete the University Scholar preliminary plan of study form. If in subsequent semesters you need to make changes to your courses, you must fill out a plan of study revision form. A final plan of study form will be required for graduation.
- All courses used toward the University Scholar Program must be listed on the form.
- Revised plans must have detailed explanations of any changes.
- Requests to waive or make substitutions for any requirements must be detailed on the form. Requirements are generally waived only under extenuating circumstances.
- If you are also graduating as an Honors Scholar, courses to be used toward Honors Scholar requirements (at least 12 credits) should be marked with an “H.”
- If you are pursuing simultaneous bachelor’s and master’s degrees, then the courses to be used toward a master’s degree should be marked with an “M”. These courses may not count in the total number of credits toward your bachelor’s degree.
- All advisory committee members must sign plan of study forms before they are submitted for approval.
- Once your plan of study form is received and approved, you and the chair of your advisory committee will receive an approved copy.